Wednesday 8 April 2015

My Morning SuperTea


Some of my readers have asked me if I could post more recipes on my blog. Instead of sharing another meal recipe, I thought I’d share my “SuperTea” recipe with you. Basically, I took green tea and added a few extra goodies to it. Before I get into the recipe, here are a few benefits one can reap when drinking this concoction:

·      Reduced inflammation
·      Increased fat loss
·      Enhanced brain function
·      Anti-aging
·      Improved resilience against disease

What’s in the magic tea you ask? Only three ingredients: green tea (preferably matcha), turmeric and ginger. I consider each one of these a super food, as they bring incredible health and enhanced performance benefits with them.

Green Tea is an amazing beverage, as it helps with fat loss, increases brain function and combats cancer. Thus, if you’re going to make a super tea, green tea is an obvious choice for the base.

Turmeric is a spice I’ve recently started using. Just like green tea, turmeric has numerous health benefits, such as decreasing inflammation, healing wounds, increasing fat loss and boosting brain function. Being a micronutrient dense spice, I thought it would make a great addition to my morning tea. However, I didn’t imagine turmeric going well with tea at all. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Adding half a teaspoon of turmeric to green tea makes for a tasty early morning brew. Convincing in health benefits and taste, turmeric passed the test and was added to me SuperTea.

Ginger is a food I’ve been using for a long time. It’s a tasty addition to green smoothies, hot water and even salmon. Ginger tea itself is great, so why not add it to my green tea and turmeric potion? After all, ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory agent, an immune booster and a digestive aid, just to name a fraction of its benefits.

These three ingredients work extremely well together, as they make you more resilient and improve your body composition as well as your brains performance. SuperTea’s recipe is constantly evolving, so stay tuned for an ingredient update.

SuperTea Recipe:

·      Green tea (1/2 teaspoon of matcha or 2 tea bags of regular green tea)
·      Turmeric (1/2 teaspoon)
·      Ginger (1 thumb sized chunk)

Lifestyle Apex is thankful for each and every comment. Please spend a minute of your time giving us feedback in the comments section bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment